March 15, 2020 – Sunday – SAMPOSIUM for Kids
2:00 – 5:00 pm – $12 – kids under 3 free
Five stations are set-up throughout the Garden to help kids engage with nature and learn more about birding. You and your children can move from station to station and enjoy the offerings at your leisure. Some stations will have start times, but you are free to come and go as you please.
1. Raptor Ramble – 2:00-2:50; 3:00-3:50; 4:00-4:50: Meet raptors up close and personal and learn about Auburn University’s Raptor Rescue Program.
2. Bird Mobile Station – 2:00-2:45; 3:00-3:45; 4:00-4:45: Come to our mobile making class and create a bird mobile with elements of nature. Supplies included.
3. Create your own Sibley Bird Watching Field Guide – 2:00-5:00: There will be bird watching guides supplied for children to color. This guide will serve as the Field Guide Book for the “Going on a Bird Watch” portion of the kid’s programming.
4. Going on a Bird Watch – Begins at 3:00 and tours every 15 minutes thereafter: After creating your bird watching guide, come to the Camellia Garden for a guided bird watching trail walk where you will match the birds in your new guide with birds hidden in the forest.
5. Bird Books, Birthday Cake and Story Time – 2:00-5:00: It’s a party on the patio with guest actor’s reading a collection of children’s stories. There will also be birthday cake to celebrate Mr. Sam Pate’s birthday week. Children’s books about birds and nature will also be for sale.
6. Mr. Sam Pate’s Classroom – 2:00-5:00: Experience Mr. Pate’s exotic classroom recreated inside the Farmhouse. You will find birds’ nests, stuffed critters, reptiles, bugs, and more. Curated by Mrs. Nan Pate with input from Mr. Sam Pate’s former students.
A wonderful outdoor adventure fun for the whole family.
|SAMPOSIUM Tickets||$10.00 – $75.00|